Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello there!

Hey all, this is my new blog just to keep track of my weight loss/fitness/running effort this year. It's more of an online journal than anything else. :)

So, here we go!

My starting weight is 165.4, I purchased a new scale that shows me tenths! LOL! Here are a couple of (hopefully) before shots. I look much better in profile, you can tell I put all my weight on in my midsection. LOL!

I'm following the beginner program in the book No Need for Speed. I am skipping the first two weeks that are just walking 20 minutes at a time because I have been walking 30 minutes.

Today, I did my first workout! 25 minutes on the treadmill, walking 5 minutes and then jogging 30 seconds. I felt pretty darn good afterwards and wasn't struggling at all during the jogging. Go me! I also did my floor exercises to keep my abs and back strong.

My goals with this are to lose 20 lbs and to run a 5K this summer. Tomorrow, I'm heading out to a real running store to buy my first real pair of running shoes. I'm really hopeful that this will prevent the shin splints and knee issues that have curtailed my efforts in the past. I really want to do this the right way this time around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment